By | March 7, 2019

ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERS SOCIETY LIMITED – The Shots Trust

Minutes of meeting of Board of Directors

Wednesday, 16 January 2019

 

Attendees : Janet Guess (JG), Robin Carder (RC), Mick Lee (ML), Sean Chambers (SC) and Tommy Anderson (TA)

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

There were no apologies for absence.

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting 14 November 2018

These were still to be agreed before uploading to social media and the Trust website.

ACTION : ALL

 

  1. Financial Report

ML provided current figures.  He said that the coaches ro Leyton Orient and Chesterfield had run at a loss.

 

Funds from Boost the Budget were still being paid to cover Dominic Bernard’s accommodation and, as Dom’s loan had been extended to the end of the season, to continue to fund this.  Both Gary and Dom had expressed their appreciation for this.  However, as the fundraising schemes had not been as successful this year (in line with the Club’s success), it was agreed that the Trust would be unable to pass over £20,000 to the Club this year and it was agreed to reduce this amount to £15,000.

 

It was suggested that the Trust purchase Golden Tickets and this would be discussed at the February meeting.

 

  1. Chairman’s Update

John Leppard had requested a meeting with TA and this had taken place.   The aim was to improve the relationship between the Club and the Trust.  The Club Board were making a fresh start and taking on the day-to-day running of the Club themselves following the departure of the Chief Executive.  The Club Board would like the Trust’s assistance with 50:50 and perhaps rebrand this.  They would also help promote Cash for Shots to try to double the membership.  They would shortly be announcing another Fans’ Forum.

 

The Trust Board wished to record their thanks to departing Chief Executive, Laura Smith, and to wish her well for the future.

 

It was agreed that Meg Gurung be invited to the February to present his fundraising scheme.

 

  1. Plans Going Forward

It was interesting that the Club had finally heeded the advice given by the Trust and others back in the autumn that given the financial situation, the obvious thing to do was to cut costs and run some promotions such as Golden Ticket and Club Community Day.

 

There was discussion on the future strategy for the Trust and it was agreed that it was important to get advice from other Trust run clubs and Supporters Direct and the Football Supporters Federation, as well as get input from our own supporters.  TA and RC would take this forward and report back at the next meeting.

 

TA was talking to several new Trust Board Members and was hoping to have positive news.

 

Brian Bloomfield and Ian Barnett were still providing support and hoping to become more involved once the Trust’s vision was agreed.

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. FansBet – Following feedback from supporters, it was agreed to end our agreement with FansBet.  RC will action this.

ACTION : RC

  1. Away Travel – It was agreed to look into prices for coaches to Dover for the Tour of Duty. SC and TA said they would steward coaches.

ACTION : TA

iii.           Authorised Signatories – Rushmoor Borough Council required authorised signatures for JG and ML for any small lotteries and this would be provided.

ACTION : JG/ML

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 13 February 2019, 7 pm at Brewers Fayre, Aldershot.  RC tendered his apologies.

 

The meeting closed at 8.15 pm

 

 

              

 

 

Leave a Reply