By | November 9, 2016

Attendees : Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Robin Carder (RC), Nick Cave (NC), Tommy Anderson (TA), and Mick Lee (ML).

1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Sean Chambers (SC).

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 10 August 2016
These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.
ACTION : RC

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
All actions had been completed or would be discussed as an agenda item.

4. Financial Report
The bank paperwork for the change of signatories had now been completed and JG agreed to send to the bank so that ML could take over the accounts.
ACTION : JG
It was agreed that ML would email Ian Goodwright asking him to bring any outstanding cash, bank paying in details, etc. to the match on Saturday and pass to JG.
ACTION : ML

5. Chairman’s Report
TA had attended his first Football Club Board meeting last month and the next one was scheduled for this Thursday. He said that results and the performance on the pitch were helping and relationships between the Football Club and the Trust were very good currently. Gary Waddock was very receptive to the Boost the Budget initiative. Takings were up in the Trust Café from last season and membership was going well.

5. Fundraising
i. Race Night – Everything was in place for Saturday night and ticket sales were encouraging. The cost for the equipment would be £30 with the organiser giving his services for free, and it was agreed to give him a bottle of wine. All races had now been sponsored. JG agreed to help Barbara on the door, checking tickets, taking entry fees and food orders. Terry Owens would be hosting an auction for four pairs of tickets for the Club’s Sportsman’s Evening. It was agreed to have scratchcards available on the night.
ii. Shots based quiz – NC had spoken to Peter Stanford who was very keen and a potential date of Thursday, 17 November was agreed. NC agreed to check this date was suitable for Peter.
ACTION : NC
iii. Darts’ Evening – TA agreed to liaise with SC over this but to leave it until the New Year.
iv. Christmas Raffle – NC proposed that this could raise a significant amount of money and had already discussed this with the Youth Department who had agreed to arrange for all their youngsters to sell two books each. It was agreed that the draw be made on Boxing Day with the winners being announced at half-time. It was also agreed that there should be ten prizes of reasonable quality and the Board were all actioned to suggest three prices in the next week and the best ones would be agreed.
ACTION : ALL
v. Scratchcard – sales were going well but more publicity was needed and RC agreed to advertise on social media and the website, including that the cards were also available from the Ticket Office/Shop.
ACTION : RC
The cards were being sold in local pubs and the Crimea had already sold 190.
vi. 50:50
Sufficient volunteers had now been found and BG agreed to provide bags 5to be used for the cards and money
ACTION : BG.

6. Website/Social Media – RC had now taken over responsibility for this and would be concentrating on the Race Night this week, followed by Scratchcards and it was agreed that EasyFundRaising should be frequently refreshed. RC would also be continually refreshing the website.

7. Any Other Business
i. Trust competition winners – the winners of the Jim Stevenson shirt and the Euro’s competition had not yet picked up their prizes and JG agreed to remind them.
ACTION : JG
ii. Trust membership – NC was concerned that volunteers had to pay to join the Trust but was reassured that it was only those that were Board members who had to do this. He had also been approached by several people asking how to renew their membership and it was agreed that RC would put on the websites that JG was now based in the Ticket Office/Shop.
ACTION : RC
iii. Forever Shots Fund – TA said there was approximately £14,000 in this Fund and he felt it was an appropriate time to close the account and give depositors two options – to have their donation returned to them or transfer the funds into the Trust’s general bank account. This was agreed by the Board with the third option of the money being transferred to the Trust for the purchase of additional shares in the Football Club. TA and JG agreed to send the appropriate communication to members.
ACTION : TA/JG
iv. Boost the Budget – it was hoped to launch this initiative next week.
v. Trust Signs – these were still outside the old Trust Office and BG agreed to see if these could be moved outside the Ticket Office so that people would know where to renew their membership.
ACTION : BG
vi. Tommy’s workload – NC expressed his concern that TA would be taking on too much and TA agreed to contact SC to see if he could take on more.
ACTION : TA

8. Date of Next Meeting
This was agreed for Wednesday, 12 October 2016, 7 pm at the EBB.

The meeting closed at 8.25 pm.