By | August 4, 2017

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Wednesday, 5 July 2017 at the EBB Stadium, Aldershot

Attendees :  Janet Guess (JG), Mick Lee (ML), Bob Green (BG),  Robin Carder (RC), Sean Chambers (SC), and Tommy Anderson (TA)

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

There were no apologies for absence.

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 23 May 2017

These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
  2. Trust Sign – BG agreed to arrange for this to be put on the fence outside the Ticket Office.

ACTION : BG

  1. Old Scoreboard –RC to talk to Mark Butler about Frank Burt’s wishes as Mark was in conversation with Mrs Burt, and also to speak to Hi-Speed and Goldstation about sponsorship of the board.

ACTION : RC

iii.        Trust Share Certificate – BG was in the process of preparing this.  This would be signed at the Board meeting on 14 July.

ACTION : BG

  1. Christmas Draw money – SC was still to hand over £50 for sales. He agreed this would be done this week.

ACTION :      SC

  1. Charlie Walker’s sponsored shirts – RC was still to auction these on e-bay.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Financial Report

ML provided current figures which were :

 

Main account £12,989.82
Lucky 7s £0.23
Paypal 1 £219.06
Paypal 2 £388.24
Boost the Budget £5,723.00

 

It was agreed that the money in the Paypal 2 account should be transferred to Boost the Budget.  ML agreed to contact Ian Goodwright about this.

 

There was still money to be transferred to the Lucky 7s account at the time ML had prepared the account and RC confirmed it had been transferred to the Paypal account.

The financial year had now been changed and would run from 1 July to 30 June.  Therefore the first period would need to be for 18 months with the likelihood that the Trust AGM would be held in September 2018.  It was agreed that Trust members should be informed on this.

ACTION : TA/JG

 

It had also agreed to change the bank account from the Co-Op Bank to Barclays and JG had a meeting with Barclays on 12 July to arrange this.

ACTION : JG

 

  1. Chairman’s Report

TA had met with Laura Smith, the new Chief Executive and would be working closely with her, initially on a matchday experience meeting.  Laura was keen to work closely with the Trust and was already actively promoting Cash for Shots with season ticket holders.

 

  1. Fundraising
  2. Boost the Budget – The scheme was going well and publicity needed to continue.
  3. Scratchcards – The Crimea were still willing to sell these and they would also be available on a matchday at the ground.

iii.        Cash for Shots – Membership of this was still increasing with 153 members currently.  It was agreed that it would be beneficial to change the publicity around this with a suggestion of occasional photos of the winners receiving their cheques in the programme.

ACTION : JG

  1. Sponsor a Goal – JG had produced a leaflet for this which, with some amendments, was agreed by the meeting. She agreed to send the finalised leaflet to SC for printing and to Steve Gibbs and Victoria Rogers for the Club newsletter and the programme.  JG and TA would meet with Chris Trodd to discuss how the Scheme would work.

ACTION : JG/TA

  1. Lucky 7s – TA had received quotes from participants which he would send to RC to include in the publicity which he would launch this Friday.  He would also send it to Steve Gibbs for inclusion in the Club newsletter.

ACTION : RC

It was also agreed to provide a leaflet for the first home game of the season and JG agreed to draft something.

ACTION : JG

  1. Sponsored Walk – this was agreed for Maidenhead away on 7 October with the funds raised going to Boost the Budget. SC agreed to provide high viz jackets.

vii.       Class of 2008 – A provisional date of 25 November was agreed for this with the details of price, format and catering to be agreed in September.  It was agreed to try and find a sponsor for the event.  ML agreed to ask Nick Cave if he would be willing to provide the catering.

ACTION : ML

viii.      Future events – it was agreed to consider these later in the season although it was agreed to hold a Christmas draw.

 

  1. Website/Social Media

RC had freshened up the website and continued to do so.  He and SC had met with Mark Leach  who had suggested that the Trust needed a mission statement.  This was agreed and RC offered to draft this and circulated to the Board for comment.

ACTION : RC/ALL

 

  1. Membership

TA was in discussion with John Orme and Goldstation regarding sponsoring the new membership cards and would let JG know the outcome so that this could be progressed.

ACTION : TA

JG had written to the Football Club Board regarding priority, after season ticket holders, for Trust Members for tickets for all-ticket matches.  She had received no response yet and would chase.  She also had a meeting this Friday with Clarks to discuss possible discounts for Trust members in the bars inside the ground.  She agreed to report back.

ACTION : JG

TA said that the Crimea were also willing to give Trust members a 25p discount on drinks on non-matchdays.

RC and SC had looked at other possible benefits which were discussed.  One such idea was the change to play on the EBB pitch at the end of the season.  TA suggested that the Trust could enter a team in the Community Cup arranged by Mark Butler.  He agreed to talk to Mark about the possibility of the Trust being able to enter a squad of 15 at no cost.

ACTION : TA

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Boost the Budget prizes – TA said that this was in hand and he would shortly provide a list of prizes and benefits which he would email to everyone.

ACTION : TA

  1. Programme Rota – JG agreed to prepare and circulate this with TA doing the first game.

ACTION : JG

iii.        Player of the Month – It was agreed that JG order the trophies for these and the Player of the Season trophy.

ACTION : JG

  1. Away Travel – It was agreed to get quotes for coaches to Halifax, Torquay and Wrexham and gauge interest.

ACTION: TA/RC

  1. Marie Waddock’s sponsored walk – Marie was taking part in a sponsored walk for MacMillan Cancer research and it was agreed to sponsor her for £130.

ACTION : TA

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 2 August 2017, 7 pm at the EBB.

 

The meeting closed at 8.45 pm.

Leave a Reply