By | September 12, 2017

 

Attendees :  Janet Guess (JG), Mick Lee (ML), Bob Green (BG),  Robin Carder (RC), Sean Chambers (SC), and Tommy Anderson (TA)

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

There were no apologies for absence.

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 5 July 2017

These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
  2. Charlie Walker’s sponsored shirts – The auction had raised £101.
  3. Away Travel – It had not proved viable to run coaches to Halifax but TA would get quotes for Torquay and Wrexham and gauge interest.

ACTION : TA

iii.        Marie Waddock’s sponsored walk – This had gone well and Marie was very appreciative of the Trust’s sponsorship.

 

  1. Financial Report

ML provided current figures which were :

 

Main account £12,762.82
Lucky 7s £0.23
Paypal 1 £270.42
Paypal 2 £388.24
Boost the Budget £6,316.01

 

It had been agreed that the money in the Paypal 2 account should be transferred to Boost the Budget and ML was still to contact Ian Goodwright about this.

ACTION : ML

 

The £2,000 from Lucky 7s had been transferred to the Paypal account and RC was awaiting documents from TA and ML to facilitate this money being transferred to the Boost the Budget account.

ACTION : TA/ML/RC

 

  1. Insurances

The insurances for the Trust were due to be renewed and ML was not sure if they were what were required by the Trust.  It was agreed that the Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance should be renewed and ML agreed to do this.

ACTION : ML

With regard to the Risk Insurance, the Trust Board were not sure if this was applicable and BG agreed to discuss with Richard Petty and check the Club insurance to see if we would be covered under this.  ML also agreed to discuss with Lark Insurance.

ACTION : BG/ML

 

  1. Chairman’s Report

TA had been in regular communication with Gary Waddock over the past three weeks in the hope that Boost the Budget could be used to bring in a new signing.  Whilst talks were very positive and finance could be provided, the player in question had a change of heart and decided to remain at his current club.  TA and Gary are continuing to communicate on a daily basis as to where Boost the Budget can assist with any signings going forward, with hope that an addition can be used with the funds available very soon.

 

TA made the Trust Board aware that Bob Lampert and Alan Bird had now officially left their roles at the Football Club after 7 months of service.  Bob had been the acting General Manager prior to Laura Smith coming to the Club and Alan had been acting on a consultancy basis to the Board assisting with finances.  TA went on to thank Bob and Alan for their services to the Football Club, citing that they had made considerable difference in their time here and he wished them well for the future.

 

TA informed the Trust Board that Liam Bellamy had a very good week at St George’s Park and was very near to full fitness following a long road to recovery from injury, and Will Evans was all but ready to return to First Team action following a fractured toe.  Will feels ok, but it was now up to Gary and the medical team to determine when training and match play can be resumed.

 

The launch of the Shots Foundation was officially made prior to the AFC Wimbledon friendly match, and had been a success.  The Social Media networks were now up and running, and the website will be launched very soon.  The Shots Foundation had been launched to replace FITC.    With over 50 applications arriving at the Club, with eight being interviewed, the Manager had been appointed last week and an announcement will be made very soon introducing this person.  TA believed that the Foundation will be of great benefit to the Community and the Club and he wished the new manager every success in the new role.  He would support them along the way.

 

The Shots’ Trust Café had now been taken over and will be operated by an outside catering for the upcoming season.  The Trust were proud to have provided this service to supporters for the past two seasons and wished the new provider well in his efforts.  JG asked if there was any stock belonging to the Trust and BG confirmed there was.  He and JG agreed to sort this out, and move the scratchcards from the kitchen.

ACTION : JG/BG

 

  1. Fundraising
  2. Boost the Budget – Prizes for this were agreed as :
    • An exclusive Stadium Tour
    • Club Photographer matchday experience
    • Media matchday experience
    • Training team matchday experience
    • Training ground experience.

GA agreed to discuss these with Gary Waddock.  The intention was that the Training Ground experience be the first prize on a date in October.

ACTION : TA

 

  1. Cash for Shots – Last week’s winner, Brian Bloomfield, had donated his £100 winnings to Boost the Budget and the Trust recorded their thanks for this.

iii.        Sponsor a Goal – This was going well with the current total at £31.50 per goal.

  1. Sponsored Walk – This would be held to Maidenhead away on 7 October with the funds raised going to Boost the Budget. TA had contacted the local media and press to ensure publicity and ML agreed that his son, a reporter on a Maidenhead paper, would contact TA to arrange publicity in Maidenhead.

ACTION : ML/TA

It was agreed that a sub-committee of TA, RC and SC meet to discuss the finer details and report back to the rest of the Board.

ACTION : TA/RC/SC

  1. Class of 2008 – The Football Club had asked the Trust to move the date of this from 25 November and therefore a provisional date of 17 February was agreed. ML was still to speak to Nick Cave about providing the catering.

ACTION : ML

  1. Crowd funding Investment– TA had been approached by a supporter and former Board member, Scott Simpkin, regarding a scheme for fundraising via a ‘CrowdFunding’ platform from Seedrs. This was discussed but it was considered that it could conflict with the current Boost the Budget schemes which the Trust Board felt they should concentrate on.  TA agreed to go back to Scott Simpkin and explain the decision.

ACTION : TA

 

  1. Website/Social Media

It was agreed that the website was looking much improved.

 

  1. Membership

JG had provided a proposed new leaflet and membership form and these were agreed with some slight amendments.  These would be available once the new bank account details had been received.

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Crowd segregation – ML said how pleasant it had been at the AFC Wimbledon friendly where the fans had mingled and said it would be good if some league matches could be unsegretated. BG explained that the ground was cove red by SAG and police regulations and therefore it would not be possible.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 6 September 2017, 7 pm at the EBB.

 

The meeting closed at 8.15 pm.

Leave a Reply