By | July 11, 2017

ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERSSOCIETY LTD – The Shots Trust

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at the EBB Stadium, Aldershot

 

Attendees :  Janet Guess (JG), Mick Lee (ML), Bob Green (BG),  Robin Carder (RC), Sean Chambers (SC), and Tommy Anderson (TA) and Dave Donovan (DD) (part).

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

There were no apologies for absence.

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 22 March 2017

These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
  2. Trust Sign – BG agreed to arrange for this to be put on the back wall of the Ticket Office.

ACTION : BG

  1. Old Scoreboard – TA had discussed this with the Football Club Board who were happy for the Trust to do what they liked with it. RC had discovered that Frank Burt’s original wish was to have a large clock and he wondered if this could be incorporated into an advertising board.  RC agreed to talk to Mark Butler about this as he was in conversation with Mrs Burt, and also to speak to Hi-Speed and Goldstation about sponsorship of the board.

ACTION : RC

iii.        Trust Share Certificate – BG was in the process of preparing this.

ACTION : BG

  1. Christmas Draw money – SC was still to hand over £50 for sales.

ACTION :      SC

 

  1. Chairman’s Report

TA reported that the Football Club Board were keen for the Trust to provide a proposal on what the Trust could do for the Football Club and vice versa.  This would be worked on during the Summer.

 

  1. Lucky 7s

The Chairman welcomed Dave Donovan to the meeting and thank him for the tremendous fundraising he was doing with the Lucky 7s competition.  DD said that he would be continuing the scheme next season but was disappointed with the support given from the Trust Board.  TA said that this was something the Board recognised and it would definitely improve in the future.  RC agreed to be in contact with DD to increase publicity on the Trust website and Shotsweb, especially at the start of the season to attract more entries.  DD agreed to send an email to JG in June which she would circulate to the Trust Board and for including on Shotsweb.

ACTION : DD/JG/RC

It was also agreed that leaflets would be sent out with the communication to season ticket holders and Trust members.

ACTION : TA/JG

DD said that the profit generated for the Trust was £2,103 which was excellent.  There was some discussion on which account the entry fees went into and RC agreed to contact Sefton Owens regarding this.

ACTION : RC

TA thanked DD for all his efforts which were much appreciated, and DD left the meeting.

 

  1. Financial Report

ML provided current figures which were :

 

Main account £13,571.98
Lucky 7s £0.23
Paypal 1 200.34
Paypal 2 £388.24

 

Some of the money coming into the current account was for Boost the Budget and this should be regularly transferred to the BtB account.  There was also discussion on how what additional funds should be transferred to the BtB account and these discussions would continue.  It had been agreed that £20,000 would be paid to the Football Club for the forthcoming season, to include Boost the Budget and any sponsorship agreed.  It was agreed that the money for the Boost the Budget money would be transferred when required by Gary Waddock.

 

ML raised the question of changing the financial year and it was agreed that this should run from 1 July to 30 June.  The the first period would need to be for 18 months.  It was agreed that Trust members should be informed on this.

ACTION : TA/JG

 

It was also agreed to change the bank account from the Co-Op Bank to Barclays and JG agreed to arrange this.

ACTION : JG

 

  1. Fundraising
  2. Boost the Budget – The scheme was going well and publicity needed to continue.
  3. Scratchcards – Although sales were now disappointing, it was agreed to continue with selling them. TA was not sure if the Crimea still had some funds to hand over and would check this.

ACTION : TA

iii.        Cash for Shots – This now had just 148 members.  TA now had the season ticket holder database from Tim Russell and he and JG would prepare a mailshot to go to all season ticket holders and Trust members to encourage participation.

ACTION : TA/JG

  1. Sponsor a Goal – Chris Trodd was keen to run this on behalf of the Trust and JG agreed to liaise with him regarding this. She had one friend who had sponsored the team for £1 goal last season and had donated £66 to the Trust.

ACTION : JG

  1. Future events – Plans were in hand for the Class of 2008 to be arranged once the fixtures were known. Other events to be arranged once the fixtures were known were a sponsored walk to Maidenhead, a darts’ evening, and a quiz.

 

  1. Website/Social Media

RC said that the new website would now be launched, and it was hoped that more people would access it.

 

  1. Sponsorship

It was agreed that the Trust would sponsor a player, and also sponsor a match ball, with the ball being auctioned.

 

After some discussion, it was also agreed to sponsor the Junior Shots Club to the tune of £200 to pay for welcome gifts.

 

  1. Membership

TA was in discussion with John Orme and Goldstation regarding sponsoring the new membership cards and would let JG know the outcome so that this could be progressed.

ACTION : TA

JG had held discussions with John Leppard regarding benefits for Trust members and agreed a 10% discount in the Club Shop on all items with the exception of replica shirts for two months during the season.  Members would also always receive a further 10% discount on reduced items at any times.

RC and SC agreed to look into other possible benefits and would report back before the next meeting.

ACTION : RC/SC

Discussion on benefits on catering at the ground would take place once the Football Club’s discussions had taken place.  TA to report on this.

ACTION : TA

 

  1. Shots’ Trust Cafe

It was reluctantly agreed to hand this back to the Football Club.

 

  1. Annual General Meeting

It was agreed that this had gone well.

 

  1. Trust Documentation

BG said that there was a safe facility that the Trust could use for storage and ML and JG agreed to sort their documentation.

ACTION : ML/JG

It was agreed that the items in the Trust container be sorted and either discarded or used for auction.

ACTION : ALL – RC to organise

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Trust President – RC was pleased that Mike Pusey wished to become an active President but wondered how he would do this. It was agreed to invite Mike to the August meeting.

ACTION : JG

  1. Marketing – RC would be setting up a meeting with supporter, Mark Leach, who had a marketing background, to see how he could help the Trust.

ACTION : RC

iii.        Clip on Posters – BG said that he would take on the task of updating the posters.

  1. Boost the Budget – TA said that he was hopeful that Mike Scott would raise funds for this through his shirt collection business.

ACTION: TA

  1. Charlie Walker’s Sponsored Shirts – RC agreed to advertise these for auction on EBay.

ACTION : RC

  1. TA thanked everyone for their support during the last year. It had been a tough but satisfying one with such a small Board but he looked forward to working together to tackle the challenges ahead.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 5 July 2017, 7 pm at the EBB.

 

The meeting closed at 9.10 pm.

Leave a Reply