By | May 15, 2018

 ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERSSOCIETY LTD – The Shots Trust

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at the EBB Stadium

 

 

Attendees :  Janet Guess (JG), Robin Carder (RC), Mick Lee (ML) and Tommy Anderson (TA)

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies for absence were received from Bob Green (BG) and Sean Chambers (SC)

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 10 January 2017

These had previously been circulated and were agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
  2. Boost the Budget contributors – JG was still to contact the people paying into the Co-op account to encourage them to transfer their donations to the Boost the Budget account once TA had advised those contributors that he had contacted.

ACTION : TA/JG

  1. Shots’ Trust Cafe – TA had made initial enquiries with some potential interested parties but this would be on-going.

ACTION : TA/BG

iii.       Badges – SC has said that he could source badges with a poppy and the Shots badge and it was agreed that he purchase some for next year.

ACTION : SC

  1. Insurances – TA had heard from Supporters Direct who could not provide insurance cheaper than our previous company and it was therefore agreed to leave this until insurances became due next season.

 

  1. Financial Report

ML provided current figures to the Board.

 

Regarding the coaches to Fylde, the total bill was £1385.54 which left a shortfall of £564.46 from the money received which would be divided between the Trust and the Club.  ML agreed to pay the full amount to D&P and request £282.23 from the Football Club.

ACTION : ML

 

  1. Chairman’s Report

TA recorded the Trust’s appreciation and thanks to Iain Ross for his work as a Director of the Football Club and wished him well for the future.

 

He also expressed the Trust’s thanks to JG for her work with the Junior Shots.

 

Next season’s season ticket rates and pricing were due to be released next week.

 

Ross McNeilly had been appointed as the new Academy Manager who will be running a community and education programme.

 

Three kit samples had been received from Pro-Direct and Adidas and the staff would be invited to help with the final decision.

 

The Club are working with Seat Advisor with regard to introducing on-line ticketing for next season.  RC was acting as adviser to the Club and was working on a survey to be sent to all season ticket holders and Trust members regarding this and he asked the Trust Board to trial this.

ACTION : ALL

The new system would necessitate initial expenditure and increased staffing costs.

 

  1. Fundraising
  2. Boost the Budget – JG and TA would be meeting Gary Waddock on 19 March to arrange a date for the Training Session visit prize.

ACTION : TA/JG

It was agreed that Boost the Budget and Cash for Shots needed a publicity push and the following was agreed :

  • An on-line interview with TA, Gary and Adam McDonnell to talk about Boost the Budget
  • Followed by an interview with Terry Owens and Graham Brookland
  • To get Kappadeano involved

ACTION : TA

  • Leaflet drop round the new housing estates for Cash for Shots
  • Boost the Budget and Cash for Shots leaflets to be sent out with season ticket information

ACTION : JG TO UPDATE LEAFLETS

  • Social media coverage

ACTION : TA/RC

  1. Sponsor A Goal – It was agreed that this had been a success and would continue next season.
  • Class of 2008 – This would still take place at some stage but more discussion was required
  1. Soul Night – It was agreed that this would start next season and be held twice a month depending on costs. TA had contacts who would help with this.  He would be talking to the caterers to discuss bar sales and would organise security.

ACTION : TA

  1. Evening with Gary – TA and JG agreed to talk to Gary about the best time to do this.

ACTION : TA/JG

  1. Other events for next season – it was suggested that a quiz on historic Aldershot be held, as well as possibly a Race Night and the Christmas Raffle would be run.

 

  1. Player of the Season

It was agreed to present this on 21 April with voting on 7 and 17 April, together with on-line voting over the same period.  RC agreed to help on 7 April and ML on 17 April and JG agreed to try to get other volunteers.

ACTION : JG/RC/ML

 

  1. Away Travel

TA agreed to get costs from D&P for a coach to Solihull on Good Friday and circulate to the Board to agree price.  If agreed, RC would advertise on the Trust social media.

ACTION : TA/ALL/RC

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Trust Funds – RC suggested that it might be a good idea on using some of the Trust funds to improve something around the ground and it was agreed to put this to the AGM in September.
  3. Programme rota – The following was agreed :

Boreham Wood : JG

Eastleigh – RC

Maidenhead – ML

Barrow            – TA

Gateshead – JG

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 7 pm at the EBB.

 

The meeting closed at 8.50 pm.

Leave a Reply