By | January 12, 2018


Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Wednesday, 13 December 2017 at the EBB Stadium



Attendees :  Janet Guess (JG), Bob Green (BG), Mick Lee (ML) and Tommy Anderson (TA)


  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies for absence were received from Robin Carder (RC) and Sean Chambers (SC)


  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 8 November 2017

These had previously been circulated and were agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.



  1. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
  2. Matchday Experience – TA had discussed this with Laura Smith and Laura would be arranging a further meeting with the supporters involved and would then issue a general update.
  3. Shots’ Trust Cafe – TA had made initial enquiries with some potential interested parties but this would be on-going.


iii.       Badges – SC hasaid that he could source badges with a poppy and the Shots badge and it was agreed that he purchase some for next year.



  1. Financial Report

ML provided current figures to the Board.


ML reported that there was still £100 being paid into the Co-op account for Boost the Budget and JG agreed to contact these people to encourage them to transfer the donations to the Boost the Budget account.



  1. Insurances

TA had contacted Supporters Direct who were able to recommend a more reasonably priced Public Liability Insurance and it was agreed to go ahead with this in the New Year.  It was also agreed to rejoin Supporters Direct at a cost of £100 a year.



  1. Chairman’s Report

TA had attended two Board meetings with the Football Club and was very content with the way things were going regarding agreement of the Trust’s financial commitment to Boost the Budget and the Trust’s position on the Club Board.


Boost the Budget continued to pay the wages and accommodation costs for Adam McDonnell and George Fowler and it was hoped that their loans would be extended beyond 2 January.


A decision would shortly be made on which of two kit suppliers would be selected to provide next season’s kit.


The Club late night Christmas Shop had been a success with over £1,200 of sales and the sale of Christmas raffle tickets.


TA was delighted that someone who had organised the Soul Night previously had volunteered to take this forward and talks were on-going.


On a more depressing note, the Trust Board had agreed to revoke a Trust membership for a certain individual due to libellous and abusive behaviour on social media and in a public house.


On the bright side, TA was very grateful to supporter Mike Scott’s Boost the Budget initiative which had raised £1,650 through the auction of Shots’ replica shirts.  Mike would present Gary with a cheque for this on 30 December.


  1. Fundraising
  2. Boost the Budget – JG would be talking to Ian Morsman and Steve Gibbs about arranging a date for Media Day experience, preferably to coincide with a Player of the Month presentation.


TA was still to arrange a date with Gary Waddock for a Boost the Budget contributor to watch training and have lunch with the players.


  1. Sponsor A Goal – It was agreed that a cheque for the amount received so far be presented to Gary at the Maidstone match on 30 December. TA agreed to talk to Gary and Chris Trodd to confirm this.


BG agreed to locate a presentation cheque that could be used.


  • Class of 2008 – There was discussion whether this should be a joint venture with the Club’s Commercial Department but it was agreed that it should be a Trust organised event. It was also agreed to go ahead with the date of 17 February.  JG would contact Clarks again regarding them providing a two course sit down meal and TA to firm up on players’ attendance. ACTION : JG/TA
  1. Christmas Raffle – Sales had not been quite as good as hoped but would still probably exceed last year’s total profit. It was agreed that tickets still be sold up to kick-off on Boxing Day although 50:50 tickets would also be sold.  JG had arranged for Lewis Scard and Mike Pusey to conduct the draw at half-time on Boxing Day.  BG would find the drum required for the draw.



  1. Any Other Business

There was no other business.


  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 10 January, 7 pm at the EBB.


The meeting closed at 8.20 pm.

Leave a Reply