By | March 15, 2018

ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERS’ SOCIETY LTD – The Shots Trust
Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors
Wednesday, 10 January 2018 at the Crimea

Attendees : Janet Guess (JG), Robin Carder (RC), Mick Lee (ML) and Tommy Anderson (TA)

1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Bob Green (BG) and Sean Chambers (SC)

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 13 December 2017
These had previously been circulated and were agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.
ACTION : RC

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
i. Boost the Budget contributors – JG was still to contact the people paying into the Co-op account to encourage them to transfer their donations to the Boost the Budget account.
ACTION : JG
ii. Shots’ Trust Cafe – TA had made initial enquiries with some potential interested parties but this would be on-going.
ACTION : TA/BG
iii. Badges – SC has said that he could source badges with a poppy and the Shots badge and it was agreed that he purchase some for next year.
ACTION : SC
iv. Insurances – TA was waiting to hear from Supporters Direct regarding possible insurance companies.
ACTION : TA

4. Financial Report
ML provided current figures to the Board.

5. Chairman’s Report
The Trust sent their condolences regarding the sad passing of former Chairman, Kris Machala, and were very grateful to Club Ambassador, Terry Owens, for attending Kris’ funeral in Poland to represent the Club.

TA reported on recent player movements and potential new signings to help the push towards the Football League, made possible by the 500 Club and Boost the Budget which was still working wisely and shrewdly and would continue for the foreseeable future.

An approach for Gary Waddock by a league club had been rejected by the Board and by Gary.

Patrick Ryan had resigned from the post of Academy Manager and the Club were now seeking a replacement. Over 125 applications had been received with interviews taking place the following week.

Following talks, the Club would continue to work with Pro:Direct and Adidas for kit and leisurewear supply.

TA would be working with Laura Smith and one other Director would be looking at a review of the whole operation of the Football Club.

The Club shareholders meeting would take place in the EBB Lounge on Thursday, 25 January.

6. Fundraising
i. Boost the Budget – It was agreed to concentrate on one prize for Boost the Budget contributors this season which was to watch training and have lunch with the players. TA agreed to organise this urgently with Gary Waddock.
ACTION : TA
It was agreed that the Trust relaunch Boost the Budget with a big PR push once the 500 Club had closed and, should promotion be achieved, possibly give contributors to the 500 Club the chance to flex their £600 refund with £300 back to the individual and £300 to Boost the Budget.
ii. Sponsor A Goal – It was agreed that this had been a success and would continue next season.
iii. Class of 2008 – It was agreed that this could not go ahead on 17 February but that JG and TA would have discussions with the Commercial Department on arranging a joint venture. ACTION : JG/TA
JG agreed to contact Clarks to advise them that the current date would not go ahead.
ACTION : JG
iv. Christmas Raffle – This had proved a success with more money raised than the previous year. ML agreed to transfer the Club’s share of the profits to them.
ACTION : ML

8. Any Other Business
i. Trust Coach to Leyton Orient – It was agreed to run a coach to this match, subject to sufficient interest, with prices of £15 for Trust members and £18 for non-members and leaving the EBB at 11.45 am. TA agreed to act as steward. RC agreed to advertise as soon as possible.
ACTION : RC
ii. Membership – JG asked RC to ensure the standing order form for membership was available on the website.
ACTION : RC
iii. Chairman’s Statement – TA said that this would soon be ready to send.
ACTION : TA
iv. Crowd Behaviour – RC said that he had a friend who had been to a few matches but would no longer bring his children because of the disgusting language heard in the North Stand. TA said that this would be part of the review of the whole organisation in the Summer and suggested that RC cover this in his programme notes.

9. Date of Next Meeting
This was agreed for Wednesday, 14 February 2018, 7 pm at the EBB.

The meeting closed at 8.22 pm.

Leave a Reply