By | September 12, 2018

ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERS’ SOCIETY LTD – The Shots Trust
Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors
Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at the Brewers Fayre, Aldershot

Attendees : Janet Guess (JG), Mick Lee (ML), Robin Carder (RC), Sean Chambers (SC) and Tommy Anderson (TA)

1. Apologies for Absence
There were no apologies for absence

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 8 August 2018
These had previously been circulated and agreed and uploaded to social media and the website.

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
i. Boost the Budget contributors – TA had contacted the contributors regarding the change of bank account, several of whom had now changed. ML agreed to chase the others if JG could provide their addresses – outstanding.
ACTION : JG/ML
ii. Badges – SC had already sources and sold some badges with a poppy and the Shots badge and it was agreed that he purchase 200 more at a price of £133 per 100 for sale towards Poppy Day at a price of £3 for one or £5 for two, with a possible donation to the British Legion.
ACTION : SC
iii. Football Friends – SC was still waiting to hear from the Community Engagement Officer at Everton FC for advice on this.
ACTION : SC

4. Financial Report
ML provided current figures.

5. Chairman’s Report
The Club and Trust would shortly be issuing a joint statement regarding the unsocial and criminal behaviour of a minority of supporters at home and away matches which was becoming a problem.

TA had had a meeting with Laura Smith the previous week to discuss the Club/Trust relationship and he had been asked to get involved in Club projects, such as roadshows and the Club would reciprocate with support of Trust events. He was giving support to the new Media person, Chris Woods. It was agreed that TA and JG would meet with Laura, Chris and Andrew Ellery to discuss where the Club and Trust could support each other. TA would be meeting Laura monthly to discuss the working relationship.

The costs of Dominic Bernard would be paid directly by the Trust. A plan would be worked out on how to pay the rest of the £20,000 to the Club. GW would be involved in the discussions.

6. Fundraising
i. Boost the Budget – Steve Jones, one of the EBB Lounge Members, and his guests would be making donations to the Boost the Budget, and Lauren Storey had donated funds from the sale of a Shots shirt to the fund. Lauren would also be running the Brighton Marathon and would raise sponsorship for Boost the Budget. The Trust expressed their appreciation.
ii. Sponsor A Goal – There were still one pledge outstanding from last season which was very disappointing.
iii. Christmas Raffle – TA and JG agreed to contact Laura Smith and the new Marketing Officer to discuss this.
ACTION : TA/JG
iv. Evening with Gary – TA and JG were still to talk to Gary to agree a date in October/November.
ACTION : TA/JG
vi. Quiz Evening on Historic Aldershot – TA said he was still waiting to hear from Keith Bean about a date for this.
vii. Darts Night – TA would discuss this with Mike Titmus once Mike returned from holiday.
ACTION : TA

7. Annual General Meeting
TA said that he would complete his statement and circulate to Board members on Friday.
ACTION : TA
It was agreed to hold a short pre-meeting the following week to discuss final details.

8. Any Other Business
i. Away Travel to Salford – TA agreed to find out prices for this. SC agreed to steward the coach
ACTION : TA
ii. Storage – ML asked if there was anywhere Trust documentation could be stored and TA agreed to check with Bob Green.
ACTION : TA
iii. Stewarding – ML said that the stewards for the South Stand often blocked the view and TA agreed to mention this to the Club.
ACTION : TA

9. Date of Next Meeting
This was agreed for Wednesday, 10 October 2018, 7 pm at the Brewers Fayre, Aldershot.

The meeting closed at 9.20 pm.

Leave a Reply