By | November 10, 2017

ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERSSOCIETY LTD – The Shots Trust

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Wednesday, 11 October 2017 at the EBB Stadium

 

 

Attendees :  Janet Guess (JG), Bob Green (BG), Robin Carder (RC), Sean Chambers (SC) and Tommy Anderson (TA)

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Mick Lee (ML).

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 6 September 2017

These had previously been circulated and were agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
  2. Away Travel – A quote of £1000 for a 52 seater coach to Torquay had been received and it was agreed to go ahead with this with prices for members of £20 and non-members £25. RC agreed to put this on the Trust website and advertise on social media.

ACTION : RC

  1. Shots’ Trust Cafe – The signage had now been taken down. However, complaints had been received about the quality of the items on sale from the new regime.  BG agreed to discuss this with the contractor.  It was agreed that the Trust should look to take over the Café again next season and TA and BG agreed to make enquiries.

ACTION : TA/BG

 

  1. Financial Report

ML had provided current figures prior to the meeting (he sent apologies for not attending).

It had been agreed that the money in the Paypal 2 account should be transferred to Boost the Budget and ML was still to contact Ian Goodwright about this.

ACTION : ML

 

  1. Insurances

BG agreed to make enquiries about Public Liability Insurance.

ACTION : BG

 

  1. Chairman’s Report

Boost the Budget was covering the accommodation costs of Adam McDonnell and George Fowler from Ipswich and would do the same for Fabien Robert should he decide to stay locally.

 

TA wished to put on record the Trust’s congratulations to the Academy for reaching the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup and being unbeaten so far.

 

Patrick Ryan had been appointed Academy Manager as from 5 September.  Patrick was highly qualified and would be a great asset to the Club.

 

TA and Laura Smith would be having talks with Errea regarding possible supply of next season’s kit.

 

As a gesture of goodwill, the Directors had agreed to pay for volunteers attending Club events, eg the Comedy Club.

 

Half season tickets would be available again this season on the same basis as last season.

 

TA wanted to express his personal thanks to those who had joined him on the sponsored walk.

 

  1. Fundraising
  2. Boost the Budget – it was agreed that the first prize would be a Photographer of the Day experience and TA and JG agreed to contact Ian Morsman to agree a date. BG agreed to check with the Conference regarding licences for being pitch side.

ACTION : TA/JG/BG

The next prize would be a tour of the new training facilities, and lunch which had been agreed with Gary Waddock.  A date would be arranged for this – possibly around Christmas.

ACTION : JG

  1. Sponsored Walk – This has been a great success with everything going to plan and had re ceived very good PR. The amount raised currently stood at £3944, well surpassing the initial target of £1000.

iii.        Class of 2008 – This was planned for 17 February.  It was agreed that tickets and a programme be provided for the evening, with a two course sit down meal.  JG agreed to talk to Clarks about the possibility of providing this.

ACTION : JG

TA agreed to talk to the players and to Graham Brookland regarding compering the event and Terry Owens re an auction.

ACTION : TA

iv         Christmas Raffle – It was agreed to go ahead with this, with prizes to include a season ticket for 2018/19, a replica shirt, theatre tokens and possibly a balloon ride.  The draw would be held on Boxing Day and 3000 tickets ordered initially.  JG agreed to amend last season’s tickets and contact the printers.

ACTION : JG

 

  1. Membership

RC had sourced a new database and he and JG would be meeting shortly to discuss this and the new Player of the Month Survey.  This would replace the current in-touch version which was proving problematic.

ACTION : JG/RC

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Phoenix Costume – BG said that the Phoenix would no longer be able to change in the boiler room from 21 October but would need to do so in the Trust Office. JG agreed to let Will know.

ACTION : JG

  1. Club Funds – BG said that the Club wished the Trust to pay some of the £20,000 agreed. However, this money was for Boost the Budget and the Trust Board agreed it would be paid to Gary as and when he required it.  TA would make this clear at the next Club Board meeting.

ACTION : TA

iii.        Programme – BG suggested that a flyer or raffle ticket by included in the programme and it was agreed to consider this idea.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 8 November 2017, 7 pm at the EBB.

 

The meeting closed at 8.10 pm.

Leave a Reply