By | December 18, 2017

ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERSSOCIETY LTD – The Shots Trust

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Wednesday, 8 November 2017 at the EBB Stadium

 

Attendees :  Janet Guess (JG), Bob Green (BG), Robin Carder (RC), Sean Chambers (SC), Mick Lee (ML) and Tommy Anderson (TA)

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

There were no apologies for absence.

 

  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 11 October 2017

These had previously been circulated and were agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
  2. Away Travel – The coach to Shrewsbury had been a success with a profit of £175 being made. The Torquay away travel was now being advertised but not much interest had been shown so far.  If insufficient numbers were received by 23 November, the coach would be cancelled.  RC to advertise on social media.

ACTION : RC

  1. Shots’ Trust Cafe – TA had made initial enquiries with some potential interested parties but this would be on-going.

ACTION : TA/BG

 

  1. Financial Report

ML provided current figures to the Board.

RC was in the process of arranging for the funds in the Paypal 2 account to be transferred to Boost the Budget.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Insurances

The Public Liability Insurance had not yet been sorted and TA agreed to speak to Supporters Direct and other clubs to make enquiries.  BG said that the Shots Foundation had received a quote from Binfields and he agreed to send this to RC.

ACTION : TA/BG

 

  1. Chairman’s Report

TA had attended two Board meetings with the Football Club to discuss the Trust’s financial situation as the Club were keen that the Trust pay some of the £20,000 agreed for the season.  However, it was agreed that this would be used purely for Gary’s playing budget as and when required.  TA was now working with John Leppard, Laura Smith and Gary regarding this.  He would ensure the Trust Board were aware before any funds from Boost the Budget were used.

 

Chris Arthur and Kodi Lyons-Foster had gone out on loan and Gary was looking at potential targets.

 

TA and Laura Smith would be having talks with Errea regarding possible supply of next season’s kit.

 

TA encouraged the Board to publicise the BAFTA match on Saturday and to bring a friend.  RC agreed to put this on social media.

ACTION : RC

 

TA would be producing a newsletter for Christmas and would do so every three months

ACTION : TA

 

  1. Fundraising
  2. Boost the Budget – JG would be talking to Ian Morsman about arranging a date for the Photographer of the Day experience though there were concerns about insurance, etc.

ACTION : JG

Gary Waddock was amenable for contributors to Boost the Budget to be invited to watch training and have lunch and a date would be arranged for this.

ACTION : JG/TA

  1. Class of 2008 – This was planned for 17 February and it was agreed that the date should be publicised. TA agreed to check the availability of players, Graham Brookland and Terry Owens and JG would be talking to Clarks in the next couple of weeks about providing a two course sit down meal.

ACTION : JG/TA

iii        Christmas Raffle – The tickets were now available and JG gave each Board member 10 books to sell initially.  It was thought that some of the 50:50 ticket sellers could sell raffle tickets instead.  TA was speaking to Steven Mills regarding the junior players selling tickets and it was suggested that a prize be awarded for the junior selling the most tickets.

ACTION : ALL

 

  1. Website/Social Media

Twitter followers continued to increase and the new membership back-end system was now working – with only a couple of teething problems.  It was agreed that the In-Touch system could now be cancelled and RC agreed to do this.

ACTION : RC

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Matchday Experience – ML asked what was happening following the Matchday experience meeting between supporters, Laura Smith and TA and TA agreed to follow this up.

ACTION : TA

  1. Badges – SC said that he could source badges with a poppy and the Shots badge and it was agreed that he purchase some for next year.

ACTION : SC

iii.       Programme – Mike Pusey would be writing the programme notes for the Halifax programme.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 13 December 2017, 7 pm at the EBB.

 

The meeting closed at 8.45 pm.

Leave a Reply