By | August 16, 2016

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors
Wednesday 13 July 2016 at the ESS Stadium

Attendees : Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Robin Carder (RC), Nick Cave (NC), Tommy Anderson (TA), and Mick Lee (ML).

1. Apologies for Absence
An apology had been received from Sean Chambers (SC).

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 2 June 2016
These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.
ACTION : TA/RC

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
i. Phoenix Mascot – The mascot head had now been received.
ii. Poster Frames – These had now been received and put up, apart from a couple of locations which NC would complete.
ACTION : NC
iii. Euro Competition – This had now been completed and the prize money would be sent to the winners. Unfortunately it had made a loss and modifications considered for future such competitions.
ACTION : ML to discuss payment of prize money with Ian Goodwright.
iv. Trust Café Hygiene Rating – This was still to be publicised on the website and social media.
ACTION : TA/RC
v. Stationery for Treasurer – SC was still to provide A4 two hole ring binders to ML.
ACTION : SC
vi. Army Show – BG would let the Trust Board know if the Football Club were to have a presence at this.
ACTION : BG

4. Financial Report
ML had had a successful meeting with Ian Goodwright but did not yet have the necessary paperwork to take over the role. He agreed to contact Ian to arrange a further meeting to facilitate this and to obtain details of the account number and sort code and password for internet banking so that he could make any necessary payments and deposits.
ACTION : ML

5. Board Position
The FA had now confirmed that TA had passed the Fit and Proper Person’s test and was now awaiting the press release from the Football Club. The Football Club Board were hoping for donations of £15,000 to £20,000 a year from the Trust and TA had already discussed £4,000 of sponsorship with Mark Butler in return for benefits for Trust members in activities such as the Golf Day, Sportsman’s Dinner and Summer Ball. TA stated that he would share all information he could from Board meetings, the first one of which he would attend later in the month, but there would be some items that would be confidential.

6 Trust Café
NC had prepared a new menu which he would send to JG to amend and she would in turn send to SC to print, and to RC and TA for the website and social media.
ACTION : NC/JG/SC/TA/RC
NC was hoping to get the freezer for the cost of £50 in the coming week and ML agreed to help get it into the Café.
ACTION : NC/ML

7. Fundraising
i. Race Night – This was agreed for Saturday, 10 September at 7 pm after the home game versus Chester. The entry price was agreed at £10 to include seven races and a meal. TA agreed to contact Clark’s Caterers to see if they could provide food, or Big Fry regarding fish and chips if Clark’s were unable to help.
ACTION : TA
The cost of hiring the equipment and operator would be £50 and BG, NC and JG agreed to operate the tote.
ii. October event – It was hoped to hold a Shots’ based quiz on a Saturday straight after a home match and NC agreed to contact Pete Stanford regarding this.
ACTION : NC
iii. November event – It was expected that the Club would hold a Sportsman’s Dinner that month and discussion would be held at a future meeting regarding Trust member attendance at this.
BG mentioned that PlayerShare may be arranging fundraising events throughout the season and TA agreed to contact Ian Dawkins regarding this.
ACTION : TA

8. Scratchcard
Ian Barnett had provided a design for the scratchcards which NC shared with the meeting. Some modifications were made which NC agreed to feed back to Ian. Prizes were agreed as follows :
1 x £200
3 x £100
6 x £50
40 x £10
100 x £5
400 x £2
500 x £1
JG agreed to inform of these.
ACTION : JG
It was assumed that a sponsor had not been found for the cards.

Andrew Clark had agreed that the scratchcards could be sold in the catering outlets and bars.

9. Matchday Duties – JG would no longer be operating from the gazebo at the front of the ground and it was agreed she would include Trust duties from the ticket office.shop.

10. Any Other Business
i. Membership – JG reminded all Board members that they needed to be members of the Trust and they agreed to either renew or join.
ACTION : BG/NC/ML
ii. Trust President – All were asked to consider candidates for this role.
ACTION : ALL
iii. Community Stand – The Club would still be selling debentures for this but would be administering tickets themselves. It was agreed that the Trust would purchase a debenture and TA agreed to talk to John Orme about managing the Trust allocation.
ACTION : TA-
iv. Programme Articles – Victoria Rogers would again welcome programme articles from the Trust and JG agreed to prepare a rota.
ACTION : JG
v. Away Travel – it was agreed only to run these when warranted by demand.

11. Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting was agreed for Wednesday, 10 August, 7 pm at the EBB Stadium.

The meeting closed at 8.30 pm.

Category: AGM